Thursday, August 23, 2007

A smile on my face...





Have u ever wondered how it is if ur closest friends achieve something? Have you ever wondered what it means to u when they do something great? Have u ever wondered how much joy u would feel when they go on and accomplish the thing they wanted to do for a long time? Checking the urban dictionary, one word that caught my eyes, not that i didn't know abt it, but i felt it was apt was the word "satisfaction", realization of true happiness. When they are in that top position, a sense of achievement prevails where u say with pride, he is my close friend, she is my best friend.

Every human is a social animal, a phrase I learnt this in my school, particularly in my economics class (which i was bad at). Every human needs someone, parents, relatives, brothers and sisters, and particularly friends. Friends make a huge difference, they make or break u, they are the backbone to ur entire structure, they are the people who make something meaningful in ur life. They change u, change u for good and stay beside u when ever u need and don't need them. Its friends who can change a relatively dull day to a happy day, a relatively failed day to an excellent day.

I always wondered whats with all the noise abt "my best friend, my close friend". I used to wonder how a particular human can devote absolute attention and render selfless support to another human who is in no way related to u. I recently read abt the Karna and duryodhana story in mahabharatham, perhaps the greatest epitome of friendship that history can provide. A human, no way related to u, gives the life off and fights opposite to his own brothers just for the sake of friendship. "One loyal friend is worth ten thousand relatives" thats apt!!!

Currently, I am in office, tried very hard to resist blogging, but somehow a great day made me write atleast a few lines on friendship, particularly seeing news on how friends can kill other friends, i really pity the fact that the news groups talks abt friends, where they are mere acquaintance for, "the best mirror is an old friend"...and i am proud that i have some left...

Congrats guyz....

0 comments: